Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Can you be happy for 100 days in a row?

Today is my birthday.

Being the introvert that I am, I’ve never been the type of person who gets excited about people fussing over me in celebration of my birthday. I would much rather fuss over others than have attention brought my way.

Nine years ago, I adopted a puppy whose date of birth was one day apart from mine. As far as I was concerned though, he and I shared the same birthdate. Every year, I relished marking his milestone and celebrating the burst of joy he brought into my life simply by being born. Have I mentioned the little furball’s name? Happy.

My friends and I would often joke about throwing him a ‘bark mitzvah’ on his 13th birthday. It always brought a smile to my face to plan for his 13th birthday since I knew his time on earth was limited because of his diagnosis of chronic renal failure (which I knew about from the time he was six months old).

This past summer, I had to make the tough decision to to send Happy on his final journey toward rainbow bridge. He was only 8 years old.
June 27 was the day I lost my happy.
I wrote about my grief here: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sandy-kiaizadeh/pet-bereavement_b_10918534.html

Not a day goes by when I don’t think of my Happy, the special moments we shared, and the pure & unconditional love that he freely gave to me and everyone he met along the way. He was my special little guy, and his passing left a gaping hole in my heart. The grief may not be as raw as it was in the days after he passed, but it’s still very much present. I’ve simply learned to walk the bereavement journey mindfully, moment by moment with full awareness.

I haven’t been looking forward this marking our birthdays this year, knowing that I wouldn’t have my Happy by my side to shower him with affection.
I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that I’ve been in a bit of a funk as the big day drew closer and closer.

But.
I am a mental health counsellor and a life coach.
Time to take my own advice and find a meaningful way to turn my frown upside down!
Time to focus on a simple project that helps me find my happy once again.
What better way to do that than with a Happiness Challenge?

So. Here’s the deal.


For the next 100 days, I will post 1 photo or video a day of something that brings me joy. It can be anything from a meet-up with a friend, a cup of coffee, a great workout, a delicious meal, a beautiful sunrise, kitty shenanigans, an act of kindness for a stranger, etc… Really, the sky’s the limit. It’s all about celebrating those simple moments of joy that reconnect us with our happy.

I’ve created a closed Facebook group where I will be posting these  photographs:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Happys100HappyDaysChallenge/

I would like to invite anyone who’s interested in taking part of this challenge too to join the Facebook group, and post your own "happy moments" photos/videos daily for the next 100 days.

You can join in any time.

Let’s create a community of happy together!
HAPPY COMMUNITY = HAPPY WORLD

Who’s in?

#100HappyDays  #Happys100HappyDaysChallenge




In Bliss, Sandy Kiaizadeh Web: www.MindfulSolutionsClinic.com | www.FindYourBlissCoaching.com © 2017, Mindful Solutions Clinic/Find Your Bliss Coaching http://findyourblisscoaching.icopyright.com